We are opening again for in-person worship at Trinity Lutheran beginning on Sunday, July 12th. Worship will be at our regular worship time of 10:30am. We will also continue to provide an online livestream of our service, for those who are ill, or do not feel comfortable attending in person yet for reasons related to COVID.
Here are the guidelines we will be observing for in-person worship in the coming weeks:
- Everyone is encouraged to wash and/or sanitize their hands before coming to church. (Sanitizer will be offered and dispensed as you enter the facility). Pastor will wash and sanitize his hands throughout the morning and will also wear gloves when distributing the Lord’s Supper.
- We will refrain from shaking hands for at least the next couple weeks.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear face coverings or masks. (A limited number will be available at church.)
- We will not prevent anyone from attending our services (unless they come with the intent to disrupt our services), but the at risk population – defined as “those who are 65 and older, especially those with chronic lung disease; moderate to severe asthma; chronic heart disease; severe obesity; diabetes; chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; liver disease; or weakened immune system” – is encouraged to stay home and participate remotely.
- Anyone who feels ill, is in questionable health, or has recently tested positive for COVID-19 should please stay home.
- Seating will be spaced out and taped off. (Ushers can help direct you to a seat when you arrive).
- Family members and households may sit next to each other, but are encouraged to sit at least six feet apart from other individuals and other families in the available pews.
- Lord’s Supper will be distributed by family groups, or with individuals spaced out at the front of church.
- No offering plates will be passed around. Instead, an offering plate will be stationed near the entrance of the sanctuary, and offerings can be deposited there.
- Hymnals and Bibles will be removed from the hymnal racks. The entire service will be projected onto a screen at the front of the church. You are welcome to bring your own hymnal or Bible from home if you would like.
- The children’s message will be given with the children remaining in their seats.
- We will not have our usual coffee/snacks before or after worship. In fact, the fellowship hall will be closed so that our cleaners can focus on cleaning the sanctuary, restrooms, and entryway.
- Attendees will be encouraged to socialize outside after worship if they would like to do so.
- Any regularly touched surfaces – such as doorknobs, tables, chairs, pews, and restrooms – will be cleaned and disinfected after worship.
- Those bringing guests are earnestly asked to make those guests aware of these guidelines.
We thank you in advance for reviewing and observing these guidelines.
Serving in Jesus’s name and to his glory,
Pastor Benjamin Ehlers and your Church Council